Civitavecchia is a well-known seaside resort near Rome. At Ferryhopper you can check and book available ferry routes to/from the port of Civitavecchia, our travel tips for your vacationferry ticketsimpostorjust a few clicks!
Meetuseful informationabout the port of Civitavecchia and read our travel tips and advice for a perfect holiday in Italy:
- The iron port of Civitavecchia
- Holiday in Civitavecchia
Building parallel to the port of Civitavecchia
The iron port of Civitavecchia
The port of Civitavecchia was built in 108 AD. and since then it has been one of the mostmain portsin Lazio and throughout central Italy.
Every year Civitavecchia welcomes millions of tourists arriving or departingSicily,Sardinia,jSpain.
As it is a very large port, there arevarious servicessuch as ferry and cruise terminal, information point, bars, restaurants, shops and luggage storage. In the area you can also find hotels and someprivate parkingwith possible shuttle service to the terminals.
In addition, near the port area, it is possible to admire someHistorical Monuments, like the old medieval fortress and Fonte Vanvitelli.
Ferries from the port of Civitavecchia: timetables and tickets
From Civitavecchia you can travel by ferry to some ports all year roundSardinia(Cagliari, Olbia, Porto Torres and Arbatax), Embarque paraPalermoin Sicily, or reach the coast ofBarcelona(Spain).
Companies that operate direct lines from the port of Civitavecchia are Grimaldi Lines, GNV (Grandi Navi Veloci), Moby Lines and Tirrenia.
It is possible on all boatssend your vehicleso you can easily explore Italy. As the crossings are not very short, we also recommend youbook a cabinfor a calm and relaxed journey.
Here you can find more information about the ferry connections from Civitavecchia:
- Fahre Civitavecchia-Cagliari: IsFerry ride from Civitavecchia to Cagliarinormally works3 times a week(Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) with crossings in between13j15 hours.
- Fahre Civitavecchia-Olbia: IsTravel by ferry from Civitavecchia to Olbiacontains1 daily departurein the winter months andup to 5 daily callsin high season. The ferry ride takes approx.6-8 hours, depending on the ferry company.
- Fahre Civitavecchia - Porto Torres: IsConnection to Porto Torres from Civitavecchiais usually operatedweekly(Tuesdays) with crosses from7.5 hours.
- Fahre Civitavecchia-Arbatax: IsBalsa balsa wheel of the port of Civitavecchia for Arbataxis normally activeTwice a week(Tuesday and Saturday) with crossings of approx9 hours.
- Fahre Civitavecchia-Palermo: whether the Civitavecchia-Palermo connection is workingweekly(Fridays) and lasts14.5 hours.
- Fahre Civitavecchia-Barcelona: IsFahre Civitavecchia-Barcelonatem6 weekly connections. Travel times vary between19j22 hours, depending on the ferry company.
Advice: From Civitavecchia you can also reach Morocco and Tunisia by ferry. Connection to the port ofTangerand Tunis from Civitavecchia arenot directly. The Civitavecchia - Tangier ferry has a stopover in Barcelona, while the Civitavecchia - Tunis ferry has a stopover in Palermo.
Where is the port of Civitavecchia?
The port of Civitavecchia is located72kmfrom Rome. One of the bestpopular meeting placesin the village as it is very close to the historic center of Civitavecchia.
How to get to the port of Civitavecchia?
You reach the port of Civitavecchiaby car, busÖon foot.
He joins Civitavecchiaby car, you can reach the port area from theVespucci-Genre. If you're arriving from the train station without a car, simply hop on any of the CSP or PortLink city buses that depart every 20 minutes and it only takes 10 minutes to reach the port.
The buses arriveLargo della Pace, the cruise dock. To the ferry terminal you can take thefree shuttle servicewhich will take you to the boarding pier. You can also reach the port.on footthrough the Varco Fortezza entrance and continue by bus.
O Forte de Michelangelo im Hafen von Civitavecchia
Holiday in Civitavecchia
Best known for its port, Civitavecchia is a city that has a lot to offer its visitors. With its mild temperaturesmesmerizing coast,and beautiful archeological and natural sites, it's a placeWorth exploringbefore crossing the ferry or when disembarking.
You can also combine your visit to Civitavecchia with atravel to rome. Dedicate a whole day to discovering the beauties of Civitavecchia or reserve a few more days to visit the surroundings.
How to get to Civitavecchia?
You can reach Civitavecchia by car, train, bus and of course by ferry. Located in the center of Italy and very close to Rome, it is easy to reachaccessiblefrom different parts of the country.
If you don't want to travel by car, the best option is the train. From Roma Termini you can reach Civitavecchia train station in just 1 hour at a cost of5€. There are also direct buses to Civitavecchia, but most require a change in Rome.
Civitavecchia is also connected to several Italian and foreign citiesam More. You can reach Civitavecchia by ferry from Sardinia, Sicily and even Spain.
The beautiful promenade of Civitavecchia
Was tun in Civitavecchia?
Although Civitavecchia is known for its port, it is a very interesting tourist destination.historical and cultural aspect. In fact, in the city it is possible to admire several monuments, medieval churches and archaeological sites.
Start your walk fromLeandra Square, the oldest square in Civitavecchia in the city center. You can enter the old churches and stroll to the old city walls or explore the coast, dive at the city beaches and cool off in the shade of beautypine forestvon La Frasca.
If you like wellness and relaxation, you should not miss a few hours at theFiccella-Thermen, very popular both for the beneficial properties of its water.
Strände in Civitavecchia
On the Civitavecchia coast you can find some of themmost beautiful beachesjust a few minutes from the historic center.
During his visit to Civitavecchia, no te pierdas la3 most famous beaches:
- El Pirgo: Located in the center, this beach is one of the most visited places, even by locals. It has fine sand and shallow water that is also perfect for children. Here you will find bathing facilities such as umbrellas and sun loungers. However, there is a free beach area with quiet corners.
- Bear Bay: The beach takes its name from its resort and is located on the outskirts of Civitavecchia. The water is crystalline and its bottom is rocky. Here you will find sun loungers, parasols and a restaurant. It is easily reached on foot from the seafront in just 20 minutes.
- The industry: about 6 km long, it offers impressive views thanks to its rocky coast and its pine forest. The area is a natural monument of the Lazio region, which houses remains of archaeological finds. It can be reached from Civitavecchia in about 15 minutes by car.
Playa Il Pirgo in the center of Civitavecchia
Tourismus in Civitavecchia
Civitavecchia has important hotelsarchitectural structures. Stroll through the historic center and explore several near the port areamonuments,and let yourself be seduced by the beauty of the city.
Here are someYou have to see sightsin Civitavecchia:
- IsMichelangelo's Fortress, the landmark of the city
- Isroman wharf, where the Roman Empire once refueled its ships
- IsThe Vanvitelli ones, located on the harbor walls of Civitavecchia
- IsLazaretto Tower, which once served as an internal lighthouse
- IsFort of San Pietro, with 2,000 years of history
- IsTauromachic Baths, an important archaeological site north of the city
- Leandra Square, the oldest square in the city
- IsNational Archaeological Museum of Civitavecchia, with important ceramic and Etruscan finds
- IsCathedral of Civitavecchia, dedicated to Saint Francis of Assisi
- Ishouse of memory, a beautiful cultural center that hosts art and photography exhibitions around the city
- IsChurch of Prayer and Death(Church of the Dead), the oldest in Civitavecchia
- Issuburban, a meeting place for young people and famous for its sunset
Nightlife in Civitavecchia
Civitavecchia is a very quiet town. In the summer, however, the port area in the city center is very lively. The area ofsmall portIt's the busiest, with several clubs and pubs open late. In the summer, the city's streets and promenade come alive and the restaurants fill with tourists enjoying fresh seafood in the harbour.
If you prefer one night at a timeswimming club, we recommend theLadispoli-Gebiet(30 km from Civitavecchia), very popular with young people.
Abendessen in Civitavecchia
Seafood, mussels and clams! Civitavecchia is a seaside town and as it should be, its gastronomy is linked to the sea. Fresh fish dishes stuffed with delicious soups, mussels, octopus and stuffed squid are a gastronomic delight not to be missed.
between himthe most delicious local delicaciesto try in Civitavecchia son:
- Spaghetti with sea fruits
- drowned octopus(braised tomato octopus)
- Snails with tomato sauce(snails in tomato sauce)
- Stuffed squid
- covered pizza(pizza with double bottom)
A delicious traditional fish soup
Stadte in Civitavecchia
If you have decided to spend a few days in Civitavecchia and its beauties, make the most of it and also visit some nearby towns and places.
Here you are3 cities to visit near Civitavecchia:
- Tolfa: This medieval town is only 25 minutes from Civitavecchia and is situated on a hill. With its ancient fortress, its characteristic streets and its famous leather goods shops, Tolfa will immediately captivate you!
- Tarquinia: The town of Tarquinia is about 20 minutes from the port of Civitavecchia and is the center of southern Etruria. Here you can admire the Etruscan necropolis, museums, medieval churches and UNESCO monuments. Tarquinia is also home to the beautiful Salina Nature Reserve.
- Bracciano: about 45 minutes from Civitavecchia, Bracciano combines history and nature. The town itself and its nature reserve are worth a visit! You can also swim in the volcanic lake, go canoeing or do water sports.
Panoramic view of Lake Bracciano
Here you are3 useful tipsfor your trip to Civitavecchia:
- If you decide to take the ferry from Civitavecchia port, be aware that the area can get busy, especially in summer. We therefore recommend that you arrivewell in advance, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- In August, the residents of Civitavecchia celebrate “il Padellone”, the most awaited cityFestival, with mega fried fish and lots of fun!
- If you want to have fun while enjoying the sun and a refreshing swim, come inAquafelix. It is about 6 km from the port of Civitavecchia and is thelargest water parkin central Italy. It's perfect for young and old and we guarantee you'll have a great time!
Useful information about Civitavecchia
Civitavecchia is a city that offersvarious services. Both in the center and near the port you will find several shops, restaurants, supermarkets and pharmacies.
how oneAccommodationYou will find many options in the city. You can choose between hotels, villas, apartments or campsites.
Onehealthcare facilities, the central hospital of San Paolo is about 4 km from the port. There is also a health center near Civitavecchia.
Important telephone numbers for your stay in Civitavecchia
Here are someuseful contactsHave on hand during your trip to Civitavecchia:
- Civitavecchia Hospital: 07665911
- Medical emergency service: 076631624
- Carabinieri: 076620231
- Port Authority of Civitavecchia: 0766366401
- European emergency number: 112
Transport nach Civitavecchia
You can easily explore Civitavecchiaon foot. However, if you are short on time, you can choose ittourism buswhich takes you to the most famous cultural monuments and the most popular places.
Public transportationIt's quite efficient in connecting different parts of the city. From the main train station there are bus lines to the port, which take about 10 minutes. If you arrive in Civitavecchia by car, finding a parking space in the center will not be difficult as there are very few ZTL zones.
If you want to board without a vehicle, you can park directly in the portDocks. Full3 parking spacesIt is aTransport-ServiceIt takes you directly to the ferry terminals.
Night lights at Civitavecchia ferry port
Where to Book Civitavecchia Ferry Tickets Online?
On Ferryhopper you can book your ferry from the port of Civitavecchiaat the same price with the ferry companies. Find all available ferry routes on ourMap of the ferryto Sardinia, Sicily and Spain and get ready for your holiday in Italy!
frequent ferry connections