If you are missing individual teeth, we can replace them with a dental bridge. This is a safe and permanent alternative to wearing dentures. We can work to make a dental bridge look completely natural once it is placed on your teeth. We begin the procedure with a precise measurement of your teeth in our dental practice. We also take an impression so the dental lab has all the information they need to create natural looking replacement teeth. To find out if you are a good candidate for the procedure, call(949) 556-3686and make an appointment. At SoCal Smiles Dentistry, we offer a variety of solutions to replace missing teeth. So if a bridge does not meet your needs, we recommend another solution.
make an appointment
What is a dental bridge?
A bridge is a fixed tooth replacement that can be an effective solution for partial tooth loss. It is just as the name suggests, a bridge that replaces missing teeth between your remaining strong teeth. However, to qualify for a dental bridge, you must have strong enough remaining teeth to support it. When you do this, we place dental crowns on these teeth, which act as anchors to hold a gum-colored base that we can use to attach the bridge. Essentially, your remaining teeth provide the support you need to ensure your new tooth or teeth stay in place.
Why should I get a dental bridge?
There are several reasons for a dental bridge, including restoring the appearance of your smile; giving him the ability to eat and speak normally; preserve the shape and structure of your face; and avoiding pressure and wear on the remaining teeth.
How is a dental bridge different from traditional dentures?
When you visit our dental practice we can discuss what the differences will be from a treatment and process perspective. In general, the most important difference between a dental bridge and a denture is that dentures are removable. Since they have to come out every night, you don't have a full denture 24/7. At the same time, anything that can be removed risks detaching or even falling out at inopportune moments. Because of this, patients may feel uncomfortable wearing dentures and prefer a safer solution. If you currently wear dentures and are having trouble eating your favorite foods, laughing out loud, or exercising while wearing them, consider this alternative.
See what others are saying about our dental bridge services on Yelp:Costa Mesa Zahnbrücken
Will my dental bridge look natural?
Absolutely. At SoCal Smiles Dentistry we will take all the steps necessary to ensure they look natural and fit perfectly. We start by taking accurate measurements and also matching the color of your denture to the surrounding natural teeth. If your other teeth are stained or yellowed, now is a good time to whiten them as we manufacture your new teeth using stain and fade resistant materials.
How long does a dental bridge last?
The duration of a dental bridge is different for everyone and is influenced by your daily habits. However, fixed dental bridges can last 15 years or more. On the short end, they typically last five years. One thing to keep in mind is that the overall health of your mouth affects the longevity of your bridge. Because natural teeth with dental crowns determine the stability of the bridge, you need to keep your natural teeth healthy. We encourage you to do this by visiting our dental office in Costa Mesa, California for a twice-yearly teeth cleaning and exam. We can remove accumulated plaque to prevent tooth decay and infection. If you develop an oral health problem, we will take care of it immediately. We prevent problems from spreading and keep your mouth in top health.
What can I expect from the procedure?
If you come to our dental practice for a dental bridge, we first carry out an examination and an X-ray. We need to determine if the remaining teeth are strong enough to support a bridge. We also need to make sure he doesn't have tooth decay or infection. In this case we will fix the problem before you place your bridge. We then prepare your abutment teeth for the placement of dental crowns. We remove a small part of the enamel around the teeth. We then take your measurements, take an impression and use a color chart to determine the color of your new teeth. All of this information is sent to the dental laboratory to make your new crowns and bridges. In the meantime, we'll put a temporary bridge in your mouth. This doesn't look as good or as safe as the final product, but will retain its appearance while you wait.
Once your new bridge is complete, you will need to return to our dental office in Costa Mesa, CA so we can remove the temporary bridge and glue the new one in its place. We may need to make some minor adjustments during the fitting process and we will do whatever is necessary to ensure it fits properly, is comfortable and looks natural. If you take the time to do this, you will enjoy your new teeth now and in the future.
Will getting a dental bridge be uncomfortable?
At SoCal Smiles Dentistry, we can provide anesthesia to keep you comfortable while you receive your new bridgework. The only time anesthesia may be required is when we are preparing your teeth or when we are placing your bridge. Feel free to let us know how you feel about the procedure and we'll help you relax.
For more information on dental bridges and how they can be used to replace missing teeth, give us a call949-556-3686. Our dental office in Costa Mesa, CA is conveniently located and we are currently accepting new patients.
Questions answered on this page
Q What is a dental bridge?
Q Will a dental bridge look natural?
Q How long does a dental bridge last?
people ask too
Q Which dentures are right for me?
Q Can dental bridges replace my missing teeth and restore my smile?
Q What will the process for dental bridges be like?
Definition of dental terminology
- cosmetic dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person's teeth, gums, and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when tooth enamel begins to deteriorate, causing plaque and tartar on teeth to erode.
- tooth cavity
- Also known as tooth decay, tooth decay is the result of poor oral hygiene, which leaves plaque that forms small holes in the teeth.
- dental examination
- A dental exam is an appointment that consists of cleaning your teeth, looking for signs of infection, and having those signs of infection removed at the office at least every six months.
- tooth filling
- Tooth restoration involves restoring tooth structure using metal, alloy, porcelain, or plastic to fill the tooth.
- dental prophylaxis
- Dental prophylaxis is a professional and thorough cleaning that consists in removing plaque, tartar and stains from the teeth.
- dental sealants
- Tooth sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the molars to prevent tooth decay.
- A dentist, also called a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is inflammation of the gum tissues caused by plaque, other infections in the mouth, and poor oral hygiene.
- preventive dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health to prevent the spread of plaque, tartar buildup, and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and requires professional treatment.
- Enamel is the visible protective outer surface of a tooth, containing the dentin and tooth pulp.
Useful related links
- American Dental Association (ADA).Glossary of dental terms.2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD).main page.2015
- WebMD.WebMD Oral Care Guide.2015
About our business, license and site security
- SoCal Smiles Dentistry was founded in 2005.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, cash, check, Discover, MasterCard and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Orange County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Costa Mesa
- CA (License #13159).View license information and specifications
- Norton Secure Web.see details
- Trend Micro Site Security Center.see details
back to the beginning ofdental bridges
Costa Mesa, CaliforniaThe crownreplacement of missing teeth
- Restoration of dental implants
- Multiple denture options
- Ways to replace missing teeth
- restorative dentistry
- What should I do if I break my tooth?
- What can I do to improve my smile?
- Find a Dentist in Costa Mesa, CA
3 frequently asked questions about dental bridges
The function of a dental bridge is to close the space that remains after the loss or extraction of a tooth due to damage or infection. This denture option offers many patients a long-lasting, natural-looking solution. This article answers some common questions about dental bridges. A dental bridge consists of two...
3 advantages of cosmetic dentistry through dental crowns
Find out more about cosmetic dentistry now, because many cosmetic services not only beautify your smile, but also improve the performance of your teeth. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, cosmetic dentistry is a practice that aims to create positive changes in your teeth and smile. Ready to learn more? Understanding…
Benefits of dental sealants for teeth
Would you like to learn more about what dental sealants can do to help maintain good oral health? Dental sealants help protect teeth. They are also versatile as both children and adults can benefit from using dental sealants. Whether you or a member of your family would benefit from this preventative dental procedure, understand...
4 tips to prevent gingivitis
Gum disease can become very serious if not treated properly. Because of its severity, it is important to take the necessary steps to maintain good gum health. Fortunately, there are many preventative measures that can be studied and taken to keep gums healthy...
Discover other topics covered on our website:
- 7 signs you need root canal surgery
- CEREC® Dentist
- composite loads
- dental bridges
- The dental crown
- full mouth reconstruction
- root canal
- Scaling and root planing
- dental clinic
- Find the best dentist in Costa Mesa